|Box Finish:||1500 Grit Polished|
The two After Darks are the introductory bowling balls in 900 Global’s new Function 400 Series. In design, the Nightfall Symmetric core offers a higher RG and lower differential than the Launch core found in the Boosts. The coverstock has also been tamed down to the S30 formulation from the S43 used in the Boosts. Because of the weaker core and weaker cover, we found the After Dark Solid to retain much more energy for the friction. This resulted in more angle off the breakpoint, more back end recovery, and more total hook than any of the Boosts we have reviewed. For a low-end bowling ball, we were able to strike quite a bit across all four of our test patterns.
The best reactions for all three testers came on our fresh medium pattern. Cranker’s higher rev rate gave him all kinds of area to the pocket. His best look was getting his ball started around the 28 board, targeting near the middle arrow, and using a breakpoint on the seven board. He just had to be clean with his release and get his ball near his target downlane and he could strike. Stroker saw
Already a premium member? Click here to log in.
900 Global After Dark Solid Comparisons
Click below to see a comparison table of the pair of bowling balls shown:
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global After Dark Pearl
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global Badger
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global Continuum
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global Dream On (2018)
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global Eon
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global Honey Badger Claw
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global Shadow Ops
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global Tactical Ops
- 900 Global After Dark Solid vs. 900 Global Truth Tour
To compare the 900 Global After Dark Solid to any other bowling ball(s), please use our Bowling Ball Comparison tool.
Additional 900 Global After Dark Solid Resources
Click here to visit 900 Global's website to read the manufacturer-supplied information on this ball. Also, see below for the manufacturer-produced promotional video for this ball.
Please remember that our reviews are solely based on our own test results and that you may sometimes find discrepancies between our comments / ratings and the manufacturer's claims. Links to these manufacturer resources are provided here strictly for convenience purposes.