|Box Finish:||1500 Grit Polished|
|Color:||Royal / Amethyst|
The Idol Pearl joins the original Idol as the only two current bowling balls in Roto Grip’s HP3 line. This ball very nicely complements the Idol by providing more length, a stronger move off the dry, and more back end motion. It accomplishes this thanks to its pearlized eTrax-P18 coverstock, which comes out of the box at a 1500 grit polished finish. For bowlers who are looking for a ball to change into when the original Idol starts hooking too early, or a ball to start with that is more on the skid/flip side, the Idol Pearl will be a great option. It is best suited to fresh medium volume and length patterns or broken-down heavy oil patterns.
All three of our testers struck early and often with the Idol Pearl on our fresh medium oil test pattern. Its pearlized eTrax-P18 coverstock easily cleared the fronts, picked up strongly in the midlane, and had a big pop off the end of the pattern. The 1500 grit polished finish matched up well to this pattern, as it kept our balls from checking up early, while not showing any signs of wanting to skid past the breakpoint. Stroker liked being able to stay straighter through the front of the lane while having a very strong movement at the back end. Cranker could start as far left as he wanted, without losing any downlane hook or hit at
Already a premium member? Click here to log in.
Roto Grip Idol Pearl Comparisons
Click below to see a comparison table of the pair of bowling balls shown:
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip Halo
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip Halo Pearl
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip Halo Vision
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip Idol
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip Idol Pro
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip MVP Pearl
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip Winner
- Roto Grip Idol Pearl vs. Roto Grip Winner Solid
To compare the Roto Grip Idol Pearl to any other bowling ball(s), please use our Bowling Ball Comparison tool.