The InsideBowling.com 9-Pin No-Tap tournament is back for its 3rd consecutive year! This year’s event is being held at Coconut Bowl in Sparks, located just a few miles east of downtown Reno. Get ready for your competition at the USBC Open Championships by bowling on the Team event oil pattern in this great event that is sure to be fun for all!
For final unofficial standings, please click here (updated on 7/21/2016).
How to bowl
The InsideBowling.com 9-Pin No-Tap tournament runs daily from March 4 through July 10. Squads start at 9:15 AM and the final squad of each day starts at 4:00 PM, based on lane availability. Advanced registration is not required…just walk in and bowl!
Contact the InsideBowling.com 9-Pin No-Tap
Tournament director Rick Ramsey can be reached by telephone at (817) 975-1836 or by email at [email protected]
This year’s oil pattern
This tournament uses the 2016 USBC Open Championships Team event oil pattern.
NOTE: Coconut Bowl has AMF HPL synthetic lanes.
Hosted by Coconut Bowl at Wild Island
This year’s host center, Coconut Bowl, is conveniently located just a few miles east of downtown Reno, just off I-80.
Special thanks to the InsideBowling.com 9-Pin No-Tap’s 2016 sponsors
This event is made possible through the support of many great sponsors and partners. We hope you’ll support the following supporters of competitive tournament bowling:
- 3G Shoes
- 900 Global
- Bowl Florida
- Bowling This Month
- Buddies Pro Shop
- Coconut Bowl at Wild Island
- Eileen’s Bowling Buddy
- Kimmie Candy
- Knockout Ball Cleaner
- McCorvey’s Bowling World
- Nugget Casino Resort (host casino/hotel)
InsideBowling.com 9-Pin No-Tap 2016 rules
1. HAVE FUN: Bowl 3 games of 9 pin no-tap. Knocking down 9 pins on the 1st ball is a strike.
2. Open to ALL Male and Female “Adult” Bowlers.
3. Handicap is based on 80% of 210 using the highest book average from the 2012-2013, 2013-2014, or 2014-2015 seasons with 18 or more games. If no average appears on bowl.com, you will bowl scratch.
4. All reporting of bowler’s averages is the sole responsibility of the bowler. Failure to give the correct average or give us your USBC card number may result in an average adjustment or possible disqualification.
5. IN THE INTEREST OF FAIRNESS TO ALL BOWLERS, GAMES CAN EXCEED 300 WITH HANDICAP, BUT THE MAXIMUM SERIES IS 900 WITH HANDICAP.
6. Optional side pots will be available.
7. 300 Game Jackpot: $5.00 entry fee per squad bowled. Each 300 game bowled earns a share of the jackpot. The more 300s you bowl, the more shares you win. If there is $1000 collected and 9 300 games rolled, each share would be worth $111.30. The entire $5 goes to the jackpot. WE KEEP NOTHING.
8. THIS IS NOT A USBC CERTIFIED TOURNAMENT, BUT ALL USBC RULES APPLY.
9. Prize fund will be paid at a 1 in 6 ratio which means at least 1 place will be paid for every 6 paid entries. Money allocated to prize fund will be returned 100%.
10. Entry fee for singles will be $35 with $20 going to prize fund and $15 for bowling and expenses.
11. Crossover doubles will be allowed with the entry fee of $25 per bowler with $19 for prize fund and $6 expenses.
12. Doubles only entry fee will be $35 per bowler with $19 to prize fund and $16 for bowling and expenses.
13. All prize checks will be mailed within 30 days of last day of event. All decisions made by the tournament director are final. Tournament director has the right to deny any entry, re-rate any bowler and disqualify any bowler if necessary.
14. HAVE FUN.
Legal / disclaimer
The InsideBowling.com 9-Pin No-Tap tournament is owned and operated by Rick Ramsey. While all efforts have been made to provide accurate information on this tournament, BTM Digital Media, LLC does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided. Please direct all tournament questions and inquiries to Rick Ramsey.