The BTM Tournament returns this year to the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino. Get your game tuned-up for the USBC Open Championships by competing on the most challenging tournament condition in Reno!
For current standings, please click here.
Hit the Jackpot!
Will you break the $8,000 30-Clean Jackpot? All participants in all BTM singles divisions will automatically be entered into The BTM 30-Clean Jackpot at no extra charge.
Multiple Singles and Doubles Divisions
The BTM has something for everyone, including competition in the following divisions:
- Singles: Open Singles, Senior Singles, and Super Senior Singles
- Doubles: Open Doubles, Senior Doubles, and Century Doubles
How to Bowl
The BTM runs daily from February 28 through July 12. Squads start at 9:15 AM and the final squad of each day starts at 4:00 PM, based on lane availability. Advanced registration is not required…just walk in and bowl!
Contact The BTM Tournament
Tournament director Rick Ramsey can be reached by telephone at (817) 975-1836 or by email at [email protected]. Alternatively, Rick can be reached by calling the Grand Sierra Resort Bowling Center at 1-800-501-2651 ext. 2296.
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino – Just 4 Minutes from The National Bowling Stadium!
Special Thanks to The BTM Tournament’s 2014 Sponsors
The BTM Tournament is made possible through the support of the following sponsors and partners:
The BTM Tournament 2014 Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all members of the USBC with the following exceptions. Bowlers who finished in the PBA top 25 earnings list for either 2011-2012, 2012-2013 or currently in the top 25 for the 2013-2014 Season. Any bowler who has won a PBA Regular Tour event since January 1, 2011. Any employee of Grand Sierra Bowling Center. The tournament director reserves the right to refuse any entry.
2.SINGLES—3 games across 6 lanes. You may enter singles a maximum of 5 times, but cash only once in the main prize list. There will be a separate prize list for the 6-game totals. The bowler will use their best two 3 game blocks. Tournament runs February 28,2014 through July 12, 2014 unless extended. Squads start daily at 9:15 am with continuous squads until the final squad of the day which starts at 4 pm, based on lane availability. Evening squads may be added. Call Rick Ramsey at 817-975-1836 for additional information.
3. DOUBLES—Bowlers may bowl doubles only without bowling singles. Crossover doubles with up to 6 different partners may bowl at the same time. Any bowlers eligible to bowl the tournament many bowl doubles together. 2 PBA members can bowl doubles together. 3 games across 6 lanes.
4. DIVISIONS—All divisions are scratch. Open Singles—Open to any bowler eligible to participate. Any bowler 50 years or over (at time of bowling) may bowl in either Open or Senior Division, but must declare before they bowl. Once they have bowled in either division they can not bowl in the other division. Super Senior division is any bowler 65 or over at time of bowling. Super Seniors may count their score in the senior division for an additional entry fee. Challenge Division—Open to all bowlers who are not eligible to participate and win prize money.
5. ENTRY FEE: Singles—First entry into Open, Senior or Super Senior singles will be $70 ($36-prize fund, $15-6 month subscription to The NEW Bowling This Month online magazine and entry into the 30 clean jackpot, and $19—Lineage and Expenses). Reentries will be $65 ($36—prize fund, $10—6 game prize fund, and $19—Lineage and Expenses). Doubles–$40 per bowler ($40—prize fund and $40—lineage and expenses. Crossover Doubles and Century Doubles will be $25 per entry for each partner. $20 to prize fund and $5 expenses. You may crossover with up to 6 different partners at the same time. Each partner must be bowling at the same time.
6. PRIZE DISTRIBUTION—A bowler may not cash more than once in singles and not more than once in doubles with the same partner. Prize money will be distributed at a ratio of one for every six paid entries in all divisions except the 6 game prize list which will be 1 in 12 entries. All prize fees collected in a division will be returned 100% in that division.
7. PLAYING RULES—This tournament is USBC Certified. For rules not covered here, USBC rules will be used and the tournament directors decision is final, unless an appeal is made in accordance with Rue 329.
8. PAYMENT: Cash only in 2014. No checks or credit cards will be accepted onsite.
9. OFFICIAL SCORE: Automatic scoring will be the official scorer. Bowlers will verify the correctness of their scores at the completion of each game and record it on the official score sheet. This will be bowlers only opportunity to question the accuracy of a score. Obvious adjustments or error will be corrected when the score sheet is audited by tournament staff. Each bowler must sign his score sheet to verify correctness and for the score to count.
10. OPEN BOWLING—No practice will be allowed on the tournament lanes at any time during tournament hours, except the 7 minute warm up period prior to your assigned squad.
11. LANE ASSIGNMENTS—will be made by tournament staff prior to start of practice session.
12. CLOSE OF ENTRIES—Entries will close 20 minutes prior to the last squad of the day.
13. USBC rules 319D and 319E are waived. Rule 319A is in effect.
14. HAVE FUN!
Legal / Disclaimer
The BTM Tournament in 2014 is owned and operated by Rick Ramsey. “The BTM” is a registered trademark of BTM Digital Media, LLC and is used with permission. While all efforts have been made to provide accurate information on The BTM Tournament, BTM Digital Media, LLC does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided. Please direct all tournament questions and inquiries to Rick Ramsey.