The BTM Tournament is back for its 15th consecutive year! This year’s event is being held at The Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, located just a few minutes from the site of the USBC Open Championships. Get your game tuned-up by competing in the always challenging conditions of The BTM Tournament!
For current unofficial standings, please click here (updated on 6/19/2017).
Multiple singles and doubles divisions
The BTM Tournament has something for everyone! Our 2017 event offers numerous divisions of singles and doubles play (estimated first prizes shown):
- Open Singles ($5,000*)
- Open Doubles ($4,000*)
- Senior Singles ($3,000*)
- Senior Doubles ($1,500*)
- Super Senior Singles ($1,000*)
- Super Duper Senior Singles
- Ladies Singles
- 199 and Under Singles
*NOTE: Prize estimates are based on entries.
How to bowl
The BTM Tournament runs daily from February 15 through July 23. Squads will run daily starting at 10:00 AM and will run continuously throughout the day, with the final squad start time each day at 7:00 PM, based on lane availability. Advanced registration is not required…just walk in and bowl!
Contact The BTM Tournament
Tournament director Rick Ramsey can be reached by telephone at (817) 975-1836 or by email at email@example.com.
This year’s oil pattern
As usual, The BTM Tournament will put a premium on shotmaking. This year’s oil pattern is 39 feet in length and uses 24.66 mL of conditioner per lane.
Click here to see this year’s tournament pattern.
Note: The Orleans has Brunswick synthetic lanes.
Hosted by The Orleans Hotel and Casino
This year’s host center, The Orleans Bowling Center, is conveniently located in The Orleans Hotel and Casino, just west of the Las Vegas Strip and minutes from the site of the USBC Open Championships.
Special thanks to The BTM Tournament’s 2017 sponsors
The BTM Tournament is made possible through the support of many great sponsors and partners. Please join us in thanking them for their support of both this tournament and of competitive bowling in general.
The BTM Tournament is presented by the brands of Storm, Roto Grip, 900 Global, and 3G. These great brands lend their support to countless bowlers and tournaments year after year and we thank them for their involvement in this year’s event.
Our lane maintenance sponsor is Kegel. Special thanks to the entire Kegel team for their continued support in helping us provide fair and consistent lane conditions to all our bowlers.
This year’s host is The Orleans Hotel and Casino. When making your travel and entertainment plans this year, we hope you’ll consider spending some time at this long-term supporter of some of bowling’s biggest tournaments.
Finally, please join us in thanking and supporting all of our additional sponsors and partners:
- Bowling This Month
- Eileen’s Bowling Buddy
- Lindy’s Bags
- The Bowlers Show
The BTM Tournament’s 2017 rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all adult bowlers. The tournament director reserves the right to refuse any entry.
2. SINGLES: 3 games across 6 lanes. You may enter singles a maximum of 6 times in each division you are eligible to enter. Bowlers will be allowed to cash twice in the main prize list but only once in the top 20 in Open Singles, top 15 in Senior Singles or Super Senior Singles. Tournament starts February 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM and the last squad will be 4:00 PM July 23, 2017. Squads start daily at 10:00 AM with continuous squads until the final squad of the day, which starts at 7:00 PM, based on lane availability. Additional squads may be added. Call Rick Ramsey at 817-975-1836 for additional information.
3. DOUBLES: Bowlers may bowl doubles only without bowling singles. Crossover doubles with up to 6 different partners may be bowled at the same time. Any bowler eligible to bowl the tournament may bowl doubles together, with the exception that no two bowlers who finished in the top 20 money leaders at the end of the 2015 or 2016 PBA Tour season may bowl together. 2 PBA members can bowl doubles together. 3 games across 6 lanes.
4. DIVISIONS: All divisions are scratch. Open Singles is open to any bowler eligible to participate. Senior division will be limited to bowlers age 50 or over at time of bowling. Super Senior division is open to any bowler age 65 or over at time of bowling. Super Duper Senior division is open to any bowler age 75 or older at time of bowling. 199 and Under division is open to any bowler with a verifiable average for the past 3 bowling seasons that does not exceed 199. Tournament director has the right to rerate or reject any entrant in this division and sandbaggers will be disqualified. Challenge division is open to all bowlers who are not eligible to participate and win prize money.
5. ENTRY FEES: First entry into any singles division will be $75 ($55 prize fund and $20 lineage and expenses). Reentries will be $70 with $55 to prize fund and $15 to lineage and expenses. Doubles will be $40 per bowler with $40 going to prize fund and $40 to lineage and expenses. Crossover doubles will be $25 per entry for each partner with $20 going to prize fund and $5 expenses. You may cross over with up to 6 different partners at the same time. Each partner must be bowling at the same time.
6. PRIZE DISTRIBUTION: Prize money will be distributed at a ratio of at least one for every five (5) paid entries in all divisions. A bowler may cash twice in each singles division but only once in the top 20 positions in the Open division and top 15 in the other singles divisions. Doubles can cash only once with the same partner.
7. PLAYING RULES: For rules not covered here, USBC rules will be used and the tournament director’s decision is final.
8. PAYMENT: Cash or credit card.
9. OFFICIAL SCORE: Automatic scoring will be the official scorer. Bowlers will verify the correctness of their scores at the completion of each game and record it on the official score sheet. This will be the bowler’s only opportunity to question the accuracy of a score. Obvious adjustments or errors will be corrected when the score sheet is audited by tournament staff. Each bowler must sign his score sheet to verify correctness and for the score to count.
10. LANE ASSIGNMENTS AND OPEN BOWLING: Tournament director will make lane assignments prior to start of each squad and bowlers will be given 7 minutes practice on their starting pair. No practice will be allowed on the tournament lanes at any time during tournament hours.
11. CLOSE OF ENTRIES: Entries will close 20 minutes prior to the last scheduled squad of the day.
12. USBC rules 319D and 319E are waived. Rule 319A is in effect.
Legal / disclaimer
The BTM Tournament in 2017 is owned and operated by Rick Ramsey. “The BTM” is a trademark of BTM Digital Media, LLC and is used with permission. While all efforts have been made to provide accurate information on The BTM Tournament, BTM Digital Media, LLC does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided. Please direct all tournament questions and inquiries to Rick Ramsey.