|1500 Grit Polished
|Burnt Orange / Gold
|Break LD Asymmetric
The Desert Ops is 900 Global’s latest weapon in the war against dry conditions. This ball utilizes the Break LD Asymmetric core design that is identical to the weight block used in the Break Down. It is enclosed by a 900 Global favorite, the S70 coverstock. The Desert Ops uses the pearlized version of the S70 shell, out of the box at a 1500 grit polished finish, yielding its best results on medium and dry patterns.
Starting on our medium pattern, all three testers were playing a similar part of the lane. They were all between the second and third arrows on the fresh, getting the ball to the range finder downlane. With the tighter angles through the front, the Desert Ops gave us hard-hitting action at the pins. The only issues we had were when we physically did not execute a shot to the best of our abilities. If Stroker got the ball a little fast, it would over-skid, and when Cranker caught a handful and hit up on the ball at his release, it would over-hook at the dry in the back. As long as we were close with our
Already a premium member? Click here to log in.
900 Global Desert Ops Comparisons
Click below to see a comparison table of the pair of bowling balls shown:
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Black Ops
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Boost Bubble Gum and Black/Green
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Break Down
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Drift
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Honey Badger
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Inception
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Inception Pearl
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Inception Redux
- 900 Global Desert Ops vs. 900 Global Special Ops
To compare the 900 Global Desert Ops to any other bowling ball(s), please use our Bowling Ball Comparison tool.