|Box Finish:||500 / 1000 Abralon / Powerhouse Clean N' Sheen|
|Color:||Black / Purple Pearl|
The Dark Legend is one of two new releases from Hammer to kick off 2016, with the other being the Scandal. This ball joins the previous Legend balls in Hammer’s Upper Mid Performance line. It uses the same Gas Mask core from the other Black Widow and Legend releases, but this time it is paired with a brand new coverstock called Semtex Hybrid. A solid carbon fiber-infused version of the Semtex formulation is used on the Scandal, while this version used on the Dark Legend is a hybrid that is finished with 1000 Abralon and Powerhouse Clean N’ Sheen. This smoother surface keeps the Dark Legend from hooking as early as the Scandal, but still allows it to have a large amount of total hook.
The Dark Legend was best for us on our heavy oil test pattern. Tweener and Cranker really liked ...
Hammer Dark Legend Comparisons
Click below to see a comparison table of the pair of bowling balls shown:
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Bad Intentions Hybrid
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Black Widow Red Legend Solid
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Dark Legend Solid
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Gauntlet
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Phobia
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Rebel
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Rebel Solid
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Scandal
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Scandal Pearl
- Hammer Dark Legend vs. Hammer Viral Hybrid
To compare the Hammer Dark Legend to any other bowling ball(s), please use our Bowling Ball Comparison tool.
Additional Hammer Dark Legend Resources
Click here to visit Hammer's website to read the manufacturer-supplied information on this ball. Also, see below for the manufacturer-produced promotional video for this ball.
Please remember that our reviews are solely based on our own test results and that you may sometimes find discrepancies between our comments / ratings and the manufacturer's claims. Links to these manufacturer resources are provided here strictly for convenience purposes.