|Box Finish:||500 / 1000 SiaAir|
The Hammer Envy Tour follows up on the success of the Envy and the Obsession Tour, pairing the Envy Solid coverstock with the Obsession Tour’s low differential core. This combination provides more total hook than the Obsession Tour, thanks to the more aggressive coverstock that comes out of the box at a very rough 500/1000 SiaAir finish. Despite having less flare than the Envy, the Envy Tour still likes oil, and all three of our testers liked this ball best on our heavy oil test pattern.
Stroker had the best reaction of our three bowlers across all the different test conditions. His lower rev rate helped keep the Envy Tour from overreacting and hooking too early, allowing him to keep the ball in the pocket much more easily than the other two bowlers. He was most comfortable on the heavy oil pattern with the Envy Tour at the box finish. Its early traction handled the oil easily, allowing him to play a small swing on the fresh. He needed to wipe the ball down between shots to create his desired reaction, and he started losing carry as the surface picked up some lane shine. Despite the large hook potential, this ball was actually better for him after using a stronger ball with more flare, when he wanted to stay straighter than the Envy would allow. On the sport pattern, the Envy Tour’s rough aggressive cover really smoothed out its reaction at the back end, allowing Stroker to control the pocket. With more total hook than the Obsession Tour and the Dark Web on the fresh, the Envy Tour was very smooth and controllable downlane. Once the pattern started to break down, Stroker’s reaction
Already a premium member? Click here to log in.
Hammer Envy Tour Comparisons
Click below to see a comparison table of the pair of bowling balls shown:
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer 3-D Offset Attack
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Black Widow 2.0
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Black Widow 2.0 Hybrid
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Dark Web
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Dark Web Hybrid
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Envy
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Envy Tour Pearl
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Extreme Envy
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Obsession
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Obsession Tour
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Purple Solid Reactive
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Radioactive Vibe
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Raw Hammer Red/Smoke/Black
- Hammer Envy Tour vs. Hammer Scorpion Sting
To compare the Hammer Envy Tour to any other bowling ball(s), please use our Bowling Ball Comparison tool.
Additional Hammer Envy Tour Resources
Click here to visit Hammer's website to read the manufacturer-supplied information on this ball. Also, see below for the manufacturer-produced promotional video for this ball.
Please remember that our reviews are solely based on our own testing and that you may sometimes find differences between our comments and ratings and the manufacturer's claims. Links to these manufacturer resources are provided here strictly for convenience purposes.