The BTM Tournament is back in 2018 for its 16th consecutive year! This year’s event is being held at Flamingo Bowl in Liverpool, New York, located just a few minutes from the site of the 2018 USBC Open Championships in Syracuse. Get your game tuned-up by competing in the always-challenging conditions of The BTM Tournament!
Multiple singles and doubles divisions
The BTM Tournament has something for everyone. Our 2018 event offers numerous divisions of singles and doubles play (estimated first prizes shown below):
- Open Singles ($5,000*)
- Open Doubles ($4,000*)
- Senior Singles ($3,000*)
- Senior Doubles ($1,500*)
- Super Senior Singles ($1,000*)
- Super Duper Senior Singles
- Ladies Singles
- 199 and Under Singles
*Note: First prize estimates are based on entries
The BTM Tournament is open to all PBA members. See tournament rules for more details.
Just walk in and bowl: no advanced registration required!
The BTM Tournament runs daily from March 22 through July 9. Squads will run daily starting at 10:00 AM and will run continuously throughout the day, with the final squad start time each day at 4:00 PM. All squads are subject to lane availability. Additional squads may be added when lanes are available.
For daily schedule, please click here.
Contact The BTM Tournament
Tournament director Rick Ramsey can be reached by telephone at (817) 975-1836 or by email at [email protected]
This year’s oil pattern
As usual, The BTM Tournament will put a premium on shotmaking. This year’s oil pattern is 39 feet in length and uses 26.055 mL of conditioner per lane.
Click here to see this year’s tournament pattern.
Hosted by Flamingo Bowl
This year’s host center is Flamingo Bowl, conveniently located just a few miles from downtown Syracuse.
7239 Oswego Road
Liverpool, NY 13090
Special thanks to The BTM Tournament’s 2018 sponsors
The BTM Tournament is made possible through the support of many great sponsors and partners. Please join us in thanking them for their support of both this tournament and of competitive bowling in general.
The BTM Tournament is presented by the brands of Storm, Roto Grip, 900 Global, and 3G. These great brands lend their support to countless bowlers and tournaments year after year and we thank them for their involvement in this year’s event.
Our lane maintenance sponsor is Kegel. Special thanks to the entire Kegel team for their continued support in helping us provide fair and consistent lane conditions to all our bowlers.
This year’s host hotel is Maplewood Suites. Please call (315) 451-1511 and ask for the BTM rate. Free shuttle service is available within five miles of the hotel.
400 7th North Street
Liverpool, NY 13088
Finally, please join us in thanking and supporting all of our additional sponsors and partners:
- Bowling This Month
- Classic Bowling Products
- Eileen’s Bowling Buddy
- McCorvey’s Bowling World
The BTM Tournament’s 2018 Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all adult bowlers. The tournament director reserves the right to refuse any entry.
2. SINGLES: 3 games across 6 Lanes. You may enter singles a maximum of 6 times in each division you are eligible to enter. Bowlers will be allowed to cash twice in the main prize list but only once in the top 20 in Open Singles, top 15 in Senior Singles or Super Senior Singles. Tournament starts March 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM and the last squad will be 2:00 PM July 9, 2018. Squads start daily at 10:00 AM with continuous squads until the final squad of the day, which starts at 4:00 PM, based on lane availability. Additional squads may be added. Call Rick Ramsey at 817-975-1836 for additional information or check the calendar at www.thebtmtournament.com.
3. DOUBLES: Bowlers may bowl doubles only without bowling singles. Crossover doubles with up to 6 different partners may bowl at the same time. Any bowler eligible to bowl the tournament may bowl doubles together with the exception of two bowlers who finished in the top 30 money leaders at the end of the 2015, 2016, or 2017 PBA Tour season. 3 games across 6 lanes.
4. DIVISIONS: All divisions are scratch. Any bowler eligible to participate can bowl in the Open Division. Senior Division will be limited to bowlers age 50 or over at time of bowling. Super Senior Division is open to any bowler age 65 or over at time of bowling. Super Duper Senior Division is open to any bowler age 75 or older at time of bowling. 199 and under division is open to any bowler with a verifiable average for the past 3 years (2015, 2016 and 2017) for a minimum of 18 games that does not exceed 199. Tournament director has the right to rerate or reject any entrant in this division and SANDBAGGERS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
5. ENTRY FEES: First entry into any singles division will be $80 ($57 for prize fund and $23 for lineage and expenses). Reentries will be $75 with $55 to prize fund and $20 to lineage and expenses. Doubles will be $40 per bowler with $40 going to prize fund and $40 to lineage and expenses. Crossover doubles will be $30 per entry for each partner with $23 going to prize fund and $7 expenses. You may cross over with up to 6 different partners at the same time. Each partner must be bowling at the same time.
6. PRIZE DISTRIBUTION: Prize money will be distributed at a ratio of at least one for every five (5) paid entries in all divisions. A bowler may cash twice in each singles division but only once in the top 20 positions in the Open division and top 15 in the other singles divisions. Doubles can cash only once with the same partner.
7. PLAYING RULES: For rules not covered here, USBC rules will be used and the tournament directors decision is final.
8. PAYMENT: Cash or credit card.
9. OFFICIAL SCORE: Automatic scoring will be the official scorer. Bowlers will verify the correctness of their scores at the completion of each game and record it on the official score sheet. This will be the bowlers only opportunity to question the accuracy of a score. Obvious adjustments or errors will be corrected when the score sheet is audited by tournament staff. Each bowler must sign his score sheet to verify correctness and for the score to count.
10. LANE ASSIGNMENTS AND OPEN BOWLING: Tournament director will make lane assignments prior to start of each squad and bowlers will be given 7 minutes practice on their starting pair. No practice will be allowed on the tournament lanes at any time during tournament hours.
11. CLOSE OF ENTRIES: Entries will close 20 minutes prior to the last scheduled squad of the day.
12. USBC rules 319D and 319E are waived. Rule 319A is in effect.
Legal / disclaimer
The BTM Tournament in 2018 is owned and operated by Rick Ramsey. “The BTM” is a trademark of BTM Digital Media, LLC and is used with permission. While all efforts have been made to provide accurate information on The BTM Tournament, BTM Digital Media, LLC does not warrant the accuracy of the information provided. Please direct all tournament questions and inquiries to Rick Ramsey.