|Name:||Frixion+ Pearl Microcell Polymer|
|Box Finish:||2000 Grit LSS|
The Desert Tank is the newest addition to the Motiv arsenal in the war against drier lane conditions. This ball features an advancement in their Microcell Polymer formulation, making this ball a pearlized version of the Frixion+ cover used on the Tank Blitz. The Desert Tank pairs this new shell with the symmetrical Flux core shape from the Thrill bowling balls. This core has a very high RG and a very low differential, helping the Desert Tank get down the lane and blend out its movement off the dry. It comes out of the box at a 2000 grit sanded finish, which helps keep it from sliding too far down the lane.
Out of our four fresh test oil patterns, the Desert Tank was best on the dry pattern for all three of our testers. Stroker, Tweener, and Cranker were all able to successfully play straighter angles and a more direct line to the pocket on this pattern with the Desert Tank. This ball was vastly different from the much more aggressive Tank Blitz, while
Already a premium member? Click here to log in.
Motiv Desert Tank Comparisons
Click below to see a comparison table of the pair of bowling balls shown:
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Alpha Jackal
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Blue Tank
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Covert Tank
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Fatal Venom
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Forge Flare
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Jackal Flash
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Jackal Legacy
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Purple Tank
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Ripcord Flight
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Supra
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Tank Blitz
- Motiv Desert Tank vs. Motiv Trident Nemesis
To compare the Motiv Desert Tank to any other bowling ball(s), please use our Bowling Ball Comparison tool.
Additional Motiv Desert Tank Resources
Click here to visit Motiv's website to read the manufacturer-supplied information on this ball. Also, see below for the manufacturer-produced promotional video for this ball.
Please remember that our reviews are solely based on our own testing and that you may sometimes find differences between our comments and ratings and the manufacturer's claims. Links to these manufacturer resources are provided here strictly for convenience purposes.