|GI-17 Solid Reactive
|Navy / Electric / Orange
The Sure Lock is the biggest hooking ball to date in the Storm line. This ball uses a new coverstock called GI-17 Solid Reactive that comes out of the box with a 2000 Abralon finish. The powerful RAD-X asymmetrical core shape remains unchanged from the last time it was used in the Snap Lock. The Sure Lock’s coverstock, surface finish, and core combination offers lots of big hook potential for heavy oil conditions.
It is no surprise that we had the best line to the pocket with this ball on our long and heavy volume oil pattern. The Sure Lock’s sanded cover easy ripped through this slick condition. All three testers saw very easy hook, with the added benefit of a strong downlane motion. Stroker started around the 20 board, which is farther left than he has been with any previous Storm ball on this pattern. He saw plenty of traction in the middle of the lane and lots of recovery when he got his ball to the track area a little too quickly. Tweener was very comfortable with the Sure Lock
Already a premium member? Click here to log in.
Storm Sure Lock Comparisons
Click below to see a comparison table of the pair of bowling balls shown:
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Alpha Crux
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Code Black
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Code Red
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Crux Prime
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Drive
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Hy-Road Nano
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Intense
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Lock
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Match Up Solid
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Phaze II
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm PhysiX
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Timeless
- Storm Sure Lock vs. Storm Torrent
To compare the Storm Sure Lock to any other bowling ball(s), please use our Bowling Ball Comparison tool.
Additional Storm Sure Lock Resources
Click here to visit Storm's website to read the manufacturer-supplied information on this ball. Also, see below for the manufacturer-produced promotional video for this ball.
Please remember that our reviews are solely based on our own testing and that you may sometimes find differences between our comments and ratings and the manufacturer's claims. Links to these manufacturer resources are provided here strictly for convenience purposes.