|Name:||ACT 3.0 Solid|
|Box Finish:||500 / 2000 SiaAir|
|Color:||Navy / Purple / Sky|
The Defender brings a new core shape and a new coverstock to the Brunswick Pro Performance line. The Activator Composite Technology cover is updated to the ACT 3.0 Solid version for this ball. It is finished with 500 and 2000 SiaAir, which allows the Defender to dig into the oil. The new Portal X core shape is based on the Portal core from the Prism line, with a slightly higher RG and total differential compared to the original design. The Defender is built for oil, and it handles it well.
Cranker was very comfortable with the Defender on the heavy oil pattern. He played 2-and-2 right compared to the Quantum Evo Solid on the fresh, seeing a sharper change of direction downlane. The extra angle was very useful later in the session after the pattern transitioned. He could move left to find more oil in the front to keep the ball strong in the pocket when smoother offerings like the Knock Out Black and Blue were losing a little more energy. The box finish was best on both the
Already a premium member? Click here to log in.
Brunswick Defender Comparisons
Click below to see a comparison table of the pair of bowling balls shown:
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Attitude
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Attitude Control
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Defender Hybrid
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Knock Out Black and Blue
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Melee Jab Carbon
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Quantum Evo Hybrid
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Quantum Evo Pearl
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Quantum Evo Solid
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Stellar
- Brunswick Defender vs. Brunswick Zenith Hybrid
To compare the Brunswick Defender to any other bowling ball(s), please use our Bowling Ball Comparison tool.
Additional Brunswick Defender Resources
Click here to visit Brunswick's website to read the manufacturer-supplied information on this ball. Also, see below for the manufacturer-produced promotional video for this ball.
Please remember that our reviews are solely based on our own testing and that you may sometimes find differences between our comments and ratings and the manufacturer's claims. Links to these manufacturer resources are provided here strictly for convenience purposes.